Vegan Banana & Chocolate Bread
overripe mashed banana (480g)
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp vinegar
30ml sunflower oil and 30ml oat milk
30g coconut or regular sugar
115g wholemeal flour and 115g white self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
60g cocoa powder
65g chocolate chips in the batter, plus extra chips for decoration
1) Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a 23cm×13cm loaf pan very well.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
3) In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well.
4) Pour dry into wet, and stir until just evenly combined.
5) Transfer to the loaf pan and spread out evenly. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and press down.
6) Bake 35 minutes, then turn off the oven but don’t open the door. Let sit for an additional 10 minutes in the closed oven before removing and slicing.
7) enjoy. This tastes even better the day after...