- Bag golden sugar - 85g
- Large bag 70g white chocolate
- Bag flour mix (160g flour*, 5g baking powder, 2.5g baking soda)
- 5g dried raspberry powder
- 2g damask rose petals
*If you have opted for Gluten free this will be replaced by gluten free flour
Ingredients you must add
- 1 large egg (or mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp water. Leave for 15 mins to thicken or 60ml aquafaba)
- 115ml milk (dairy or plant)
- 80g melted butter (dairy or plant)
- 15ml warm water
- A pastry brush
Full ingredients contained in kit: Sugar, Wheat flour, white chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa butter, Whole milk powder, soy lecithin, Natural vanilla flavouring), Freeze Dried Raspberry (100%), gluten free baking powder, baking soda
Allergens: Gluten, wheat. dairy, milk, soy
*Risk of trace particles from manufacturing of- Sesame, nuts
Gluten free full ingredients contained in kit: Sugar, Gluten free flour (rice, potato, tapioca, maize, buckwheat), white chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa butter, Whole milk powder, soy lecithin, Natural vanilla flavouring), Freeze Dried Raspberry (100%), gluten free baking powder, baking soda
Allergens: Dairy, milk, soy
*Risk of trace particles from manufacturing of- Sesame, nuts, gluten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Melt 25g butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. You want the butter to be completely melted. Brush your mould with a small amount (approx. ½ tsp) of the melted butter lightly and place it on a baking tray.
- Take a second small bowl and melt 55g butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. You want it to be semi melted this time. Pop into a mixing bowl, and whisk in sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg (or flax egg or aquafaba), beating to combine.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Take a piping bag and pop over a tall glass to form an opening. Pour in your batter. Twist the end.
- Pipe doughnuts into prepared mould ¾ of the way up.
- Bake the doughnuts for 7 minutes. Check they are nicely brown and that they come off the mould easily. If not put back in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and wait 2 to 5 minutes before turning them out and putting them on a wire rack. Don’t worry if one side is not perfect. The other side will be very smooth due to the mould.
- Whilst doughnuts are baking make the raspberry ganache topping. Empty the white chocolate into a non-metallic bowl. Next, pour in 35ml of water and the raspberry powder. Microwave for 15 seconds at a time and whisk. After 1-2 minutes in total you should have a smooth, glossy consistency. Set aside
- Brush each doughnut with half the amount of butter that was melted in step 1 (it might need reheating).
- You will still have enough batter to do another batch. Pipe straight into the mould- It will already be greased from the first batch.
- Once piped, place in the oven for 7 mins as before.
- Again, brush the second batch of doughnuts with butter.
- Using a pallet knife spread the more rounded side of all the doughnuts with the raspberry ganache and sprinkle with edible damask rose petals.
- Best served slightly warm.