- Wet mix (15g sugar and 30g almond milk powder)
- Packet of dried yeast (5g)
- Dry mix (360g plain flour & 2.5g salt) or gluten free flour in the GF version
- *Separate out 3 tablespoons roughly 45g for dusting later
- Cinnamon sugar mix (15g ground Ceylon cinnamon & 85g light brown soft)
- 80g Icing sugar
Equipment include in full kit:
- 20cm diameter silicone round cake mould
You will need to add:
- 85g soft and squidgy for the filling
- 60g warm melted butter for the dough
- Extra melted butter to grease the pan
*Use the non spreadable kind we like Naturali Vegan Block which is available in Sainsburys
220ml lukewarm water
*¾ cold and ¼ just boiled from the kettle
Ingredients : Wheat flour, sugar, almond milk powder ( Partially defatted almond (60%), corn maltodextrin, agave syrup, rice syrup, pea protein, almond oil and natural almond flavour), cinnamon, dried yeast powder
Allergens: Wheat, gluten, nuts
*Although none of the ingredients included contain these allergens trace amounts of milk, peanuts, sesame, soy, may exist from manufacturing lines outside of our control
Gluten free full ingredients contained in kit: Gluten free flour (Rice, potato, tapioca, maize, buckwheat), Sugar, almond milk powder( Partially defatted almond (60%), corn maltodextrin, agave syrup, rice syrup, pea protein, almond oil and natural almond flavour), cinnamon, dried yeast powder
*Although none of the ingredients included contain these allergens trace amounts of milk, peanuts, sesame, soy and gluten may exist from manufacturing lines outside of our control
- Prepare all the additional ingredients and wash any equipment you have from the kit.
- Brush the 20cm cake mould (included in the full kit) with the extra melted butter you have prepared.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lukewarm water and wet cake mix. Set aside 25ml (about 5 teaspoons) in a separate mini bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter to the larger bowl of wet cake mix then sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl empty the dry mix (minus the 4 tbs you have taken out for dusting). Create a well in the centre.
- Pour in the wet mix and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a clean damp tea towel and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 180˚C
- After an hour remove the towel. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface using the flour you set aside adding additional flour by kneading it into the dough as necessary. You want it to lose its stickiness so it does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about 1 cm thick 30 x 20cm. Use a knife to make sure the corners are sharp and even.
- Spread the softened vegan butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut each into 7 evenly sized pieces. About 4 cm thick.
- Place cinnamon rolls in the cake mould, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover again with a damp tea towel and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar with the reserved 25ml vanilla and almond milk mix
- Remove the tea towel and bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.