SALTED CHOCOLATE TART RECIPE
A luxurious chocolate tart recipe with a hint of sea salt, crucial for cutting through the richness of the dark chocolate. This one is sure to satisfy any chocolate lover’s taste buds.
Effortless (yet impressive)
- To make the base preheat oven to 180°C.
- Empty base mix into a bowl. Add the oil and maple syrup until it comes together,
Brush the mould with oil and press the base mixture evenly into the bottom the heart mould or 15cm round mould.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until it begins to feel dry and firm. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Make up the coconut milk with the warm water in a bowl whisk until all lumps have dissolved.
- Add the chocolate drops and pop into the microwave for thirty second bursts for around 2 minutes until you have a smooth ganache.
Crush half of the sea salt with the back of a teaspoon and add this to the ganache and stir in. Adjust the salt to your liking. Go easy if you perfer a less salty chocolate.
Very carefully unmould the base from the heart mould. Do this by turning the mould upside down and very gently peel away. If you do have an accident and it does break, remember you can stick it back together with the ganache.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the baked base and smooth the top with a spoon or palette knife dipped in boiling water until it is even.
Place into the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
Carefully unmould by loosening the sides by peeling back the silicone. Then turn upsidedown on a board and very carefully peel the mould away.
Take your presentation plate or board and turn the tart the right way up again.
Serve chilled, sprinkled with flaky sea salt. You can also garnish with fresh seasonal berries- which cuts the chocolate really well.
Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Solids 60%, Water, Almonds (Nuts), Fresh Coconut Milk (78%), Maltodextrin (21.99%), Tricalcium Phosphate (0.01%), 100% Organic Light Agave Syrup, Cocoa Powder, Salt.
Gluten free & vegan
*Risk of trace particles from manufacturing of- Sesame, gluten, dairy, So not suitable for Coeliacs.
Calories 356, Fat 28 grams, Saturated Fat 14 grams, Sugar 16 grams, Salt 0.65 grams